Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snow, 25/26 Weeks, and Life at the Moment




Eight+ horrible inches of snow, that is how much was bestowed upon us last Tuesday, and it still hasn't melted a week later. The worst part is is that the snow-turned-ice is so dangerous. People are falling, and cars are sliding around. While it does look pretty, hopefully, we will not be getting this amount any more. It's still freezing outside with temperatures from about
-10 to 18 degrees.
This pregnancy sure is flying by, 26 weeks already. Lord help me. Little by little, we are getting things ready. I try not to overwhelm myself by thinking too much about the baby's arrival, Al's deployment, and all that comes along with each of those. Military life has its challenges, but I'm not sure I would trade it for another life. It's impossible to know for sure how much what Al does is making a difference, but I see some of the fruit of his labor already, and it seems we are exactly where we are supposed to be. On a positive not, I have been enjoying the strong bonds retreats the last several weekends. Those are the military's way of strengthening soldiers and their families and hoping that they are ready for deployments when it's time. Even though Al is so busy right now with those, it's nice when there is a little down time that the two of us can just enjoy. The retreats have given us a few hours during the weekend to spend together:)
As for the baby, things look great. I went through a growth spurt last month and gained a whoppin six pounds which puts my weight gain at 15lbs. The doctor told me not to gain that much next time. How am I going to manage that? I can watch what I eat and excersize moderately, but when my body and baby's wants to cling to every calorie it seems, what more am I supposed to do? Not eat? The holidays don't help much either*sigh*
Today, I went to the lab for a glucose test. YUCK! Drinking an overly sugary drink is awful. Thankfully, the doctor gave me the tip of bringing a cup of ice to make it easier to drink. Oh the joys of pregnancy! There's no hurry though as I am nervous about her arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment